Friday, August 15, 2008

How to Crochet an Amigurumi Life Belt



I really like all things nautical, and stripes in general, so I thought I’d crochet a little life belt.
It didn’t turn out perfect; especially the side with the decreases is a bit wonky (I’ve decided this is the back side...). Wonkyness and all, here’s the pattern anyway. I’m thinking it might look really nice on a Christmas tree. Or you know, to hold silly eggs... Don't judge.
I used red and white, and blue and white, but you could use any other colour combination according to your preferences.
PATTERN
Chain *4 with red, 4 with white* 4 times (32)
1. Sc *4 with red, 4 with white* 4 times (32)
2. *sc, sc inc, sc, sc inc with red, sc, sc inc, sc, sc inc with white* 4 times (48)
3. Sc *6 with red, 6 with white* 4 times (48)
4. *sc, sc inc, sc, sc inc, sc, sc inc with red, sc, sc inc, sc, sc inc, sc, sc inc with white* 4 times (72)
5. Sc *9 with red, 9 with white* 4 times (72)
6. Sc *9 with red, 9 with white* 4 times (72)
7. Sc *9 with red, 9 with white* 4 times (72)
8. *sc, sc dec, sc, sc dec, sc, sc dec with red, sc, sc dec, sc, sc dec, sc, sc dec with white* 4 times (48)
9. Sc *6 with red, 6 with white* 4 times (48)
10. *sc, sc dec, sc, sc dec with red, sc, sc dec, sc, sc dec with white* 4 times (32)
11. Sc *4 with red, 4 with white* 4 times (32)
Join first and last rows matching the stripes carefully. Sew together, stuffing firmly along the way. If you start stuffing when there is a small opening left, you won’t be able to get the stuffing to all the bends. Finish off.
P.S. If you try this pattern, please leave a comment. I would also love to see a picture of the finished product:)

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for that patter!!!
    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont get this pattern because at the begging it says*ch 4 with red and with white and i dont get how the pattern becomes round can u halp me?!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sorry! The pattern is worked in a sort of continuous round spiral. So after you've done the chain, you'll join them into a loop by sc into the first red chain (first sc of round 1). Then just continue with the rounds, crocheting red on red and white on white. Thanks for pointing this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks a lothat helped me now.I printed the pattern and added in join with a single crochet now i totally understnd it.!!!!!! Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay,now my mind is going si-co.What do you mean by ch 4 and how did you make it like a tube?Did you sew it together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I tried your pattern. I'm only 2 days old in crocheting. Haha. Heres a picture of my life buoy/doughnut. Didn't turn out as nice as yours tho! :):) Loving your blog btw! :D

    http://rainbowfart.wordpress.com/2011/08/12/life-buoy/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, that's very nice! And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm knitting a nautical theme baby blanket for a co-workers first grandson. I'll make a couple of these to tie to the top of the gift box - (may add a couple of little bells inside to make it a rattle. Very cute - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...