Saturday, December 21, 2013

DIY Hama Bead Snowflakes

WP_20131220_044

I’ve always thought Hama Beads were a bit, I don’t know, tacky maybe, but then I saw these snowflakes on Pinterest. So cute. Now I’m obsessed.

WP_20131220_048

I had a bit of trouble getting started. You are supposed to construct them on the plastic base and then iron them through a baking sheet to melt the beads together. It took a few tries to figure out what to do. The first one I melted a bit too much and the second one I somehow managed to tie into a knot! Alright then. After that I was a bit more careful.

WP_20131220_055

These two I made with a circular base.

And these with an hexagon.

WP_20131220_064

I actually think I could have melted these a bit more, because they feel a bit fragile. But I hung them up on the kitchen window with sewing thread and they look very pretty and wintery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...